(Senior) Computational Software Engineer
Oqton's Copenhagen office is a small development unit responsible for Oqton's software within automation of industrial metal/polymer 3D printing (additive manufacturing). The core of our work is computational tools such as automated part modifications, support structure generation, nesting and slicing. We solve complex problems through a combination of geometry modeling, simulation and machine learning. We target different industrial segments, with dental / medical as the primary.
We're looking for candidates with a strong interest in building state-of-the-art software algorithms to solve real-world problems. We organize our development in small teams involving also colleagues from Oqton's other offices. You'll have a very high degree of autonomy and major influence on your role and which projects you'll work on. Your primary task will be algorithm development, but you'll simultaneously be responsible for ensuring a seamless integration with the full workflow and a great user experience. Whether you're newly graduated or have years of experience is not decisive, we'll adapt your role to your experience - and you'll get as much responsibility as you feel ready for. If this sounds exciting to you, please send your resume and a short
motivation letter and we will get in touch!
Oqton's mission is to make autonomous manufacturing accessible to
companies of all sizes. Oqton has recently been acquired by 3D Systems.
We will remain an independent provider of automated, cloud-based
manufacturing software to our clients and partners around the world.
- Own and solve development problems within Oqton's platform for specific market segments within 3D printing or CNC
- Develop, implement and validate software algorithms and ensure their integration with the end-to-end workflow
- Become part of a highly motivated team of smart people
- Solve real-life problems using a range of numerical methods
- Shape your role in the direction you want and set the path for your career
- Learn about all aspects of building cloud-based computational software solutions
- Get to know what matters in the rapidly growing 3D printing industry
- Probably a degree in engineering, computer science or physics (not a strict requirement). Whether you're newly graduated or have years of experience is not decisive, we'll adapt your role to your experience
- Significant programming experience (our tools are C++ based, but C++ experience is not a strict requirement)
- Experience with algorithm development or other relevant computational programming (whether at university or previous job)
- Ability to work independently on development problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with a variety of people
- Interest in continuously improving your developed software until it creates actual customer value and is easy and nice to use
- Interest in working in an international organization, involving also collaboration with colleagues located in other offices
- Experience with geometry modeling or implementation of numerical simulation tools
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with 3D printing, CNC or industrial automation
- Experience with high performance computing