Site Reliability Engineer / SRE
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Oqton helps manufacturers increase innovation and efficiency by intelligently automating production.
Powered by artificial intelligence, the Oqton Manufacturing OS unifies engineering and production, connecting specialist applications across design, CAM, 3D printing, reverse engineering, and inspection. Our agnostic platform connects technologies and machines across multiple sites, eliminating the need for multiple disconnected software programs, and providing traceability and visibility across your organization. Developed by international experts in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced manufacturing, Oqton is trusted by globally recognized manufacturers, and supported by partnerships with machine vendors, service bureaus, and materials providers.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join the team.
If this sounds exciting and you feel like joining a fast paced, fast growing startup, we should talk!
As part of the Oqton Engineering team, you will contribute to critical aspects of Oqton’s services throughout the entire development cycle:
- You will engineer, deploy, maintain and run parts of our stack: in-house built software, open source based solutions and off-the-shelf stacks
- You will engineer cloud setups on GCP, Aliyun, Azure, AWS and others; using cloud services
- You will engineer Kubernetes based solutions
- You will be a production and operations domain expert to the development teams, guiding and advising on how to best implement services, serve our customers, and iterate once a service is in production
- You will work with the engineers and the teams to achieve reliability through engineering, monitoring, logging and reporting
- You will respond to problems, analyze and debug, and work to resolve these.
This role can be fulfilled on a remote basis by (permanent) US resident candidates (US Eastern time zone preferably)
Working at Oqton
Here at Oqton we believe in hiring smart people who can make decisions themselves. You’ll experience a culture that assumes the best intentions in people, where you can you say what you think, and not waste time on politics, protocol, or hierarchy. If you want to be part of a vibrant company that embraces new ideas, optimizes for speed of iteration and learning, and recognizes that making mistakes is OK, then apply today!
Pré-requis du poste
What we seek:
- Bachelor or master’s in computer science, IT or similar fields
- Multiple years of experience working in similar functions
- Understanding of deployments at scale
- Security-first mindset
- Experience in devops/gitops, site reliability and/or infrastructure engineering in a quickly growing company using cloud-native technologies
- Strong knowledge of Linux, and basic knowledge of other OS systems
- Infrastructure as code using tooling and frameworks (terraform, helm...)
- Experience with deploying, using and debugging Kubernetes in production
- Experience with public cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure or Aliyun)
- Experience with Kubernetes in production
- Experience with observability, monitoring and logging stacks in production at scale
- Effective with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, Github actions, Travis CI or GitLab)
- Experience with Docker and working in a highly containerised environment in production
- Proficient scripting experience (Bash, ZSH, scripting languages)
- Experience with MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Pulsar, Kafka, Flink... is a plus
- Understanding of infrastructure core components: systems, storage, networking, DNS, virtualisation, containers...
You are a good fit if:
- You have a strong sense of accountability and own your own work
- You are a team player who loves working with others to find the right solutions
- You are a quick learner who is self motivated and possesses a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills that drive elegant and maintainable solutions
- You have experience working with geographically and culturally diverse teams