Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Will you be Oqton's newest Senior Robotics Software Engineer ?
The robotics team at Oqton is redefining how robots will be deployed in the factories of tomorrow. Traditionally, the high cost of manual robot programming prevents their use for small batch automation or variable production workflows. Oqton robots now enable these new fields by automating their programming from geometric data, sensor data and digital process expertise.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for passionate engineers to grow our multidisciplinary team. If you get excited about making robots do things they haven't done before and solving hard problems with other ambitious engineers, we should talk!
Your main responsibilities:
- Design, implement, test and deploy software modules that will shape the future of robotics in manufacturing
- Work closely with experts in other disciplines to build integrated multidisciplinary solutions
- Deliver and maintain code to run in a demanding production environment
- Act as a domain expert for the team, stay on top of recent developments, and lead projects in your area of expertise
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with C/C++ software development in Linux environments
- Expert in your field of expertise, or exceptional generalist skills
- Ability to think and code in three dimensions
- Experience with development of robotic applications (ROS, Orocos, ...)
- Experience with robot simulation software (V-REP, Gazebo, …)
- Experience with CAD/CAM software
- Experience with cloud software development (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, …)
- Passion for electronics, robotics, wood working, metal working, or any other discipline to make something work in the real world