Oqton is an international fast-growing startup with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, Ghent, Copenhagen and Shanghai. Our AI-powered software platform allows manufacturing facilities to fully automate, integrate and monitor their machines and workflows.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join the team in Ghent. (Europe based with regular travel works as well) If this sounds exciting and you feel like joining a fast paced, fast growing startup, we should talk!
As Front End Engineer you’ll be the bridge between user experience design, project managers and engineering, working closely with all parties to bring the best possible experience to the customer. You’re passionate about solving front end facing problems and you’re interested in joining an agile team and produce high quality deliverables that are fully tested.
- Become part of a highly motivated team of smart people
- Solve real-life problems
- Shape your role in the direction you want and set the path for your career
- Learn about all aspects of building cloud-based computational software solutions
- 2+ years of experience using JS/TS
- European Timezone/Geo (GMT +/- 2)
- Attention to quality through unit tests, automation scripts, and code reviews
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, design patterns and software architectures
- Knowledge of software development processes and methodologies
- Ability to analyze data alternate solutions, and risks that use that knowledge to solve problems is essential
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with a variety of people.
- Knowledge of new ES6-ES7 features like spread operators, generators, async and more
- Experience with Sagas/Thunk/Observables/RxJs
- Understanding cloud based hosting platforms is a plus
- Experience with 3D printing, CNC or industrial automation
You are a good fit if:
- You have a strong sense of accountability and own your own work
- You are a team player who loves working with others to find the right solutions
- You are a quick learner who is self motivated and possesses a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills that drive elegant and maintainable solutions
- You have experience working with geographically and culturally diverse teams